Wednesday, September 28, 2011

slacker blogger...

ok so I STINK at blogging right now.  However, I have good excuses. I spent all of August in Steamboat with my dad and stepmom and was so distracted by the under 110 degree weather that I was unable to focus on such things as blogging :) Then we came home and Hayzen immediately started mothers day out and then labor day weekend came and now FINALLY life has slowed down. AHHHHH :)

So Slayde went through the great REFUSAL TO SLEEP  of 2011 for pretty much all of August and September. My former fabulous sleeper went on a total strike. Up every hour on the hour for about six weeks. Then we did Cry It Out. Then we had a week of great sleep. Then suddenly we were back to square one. It was soo bad that I took him into the dr because I thought something HAD to be WRONG with my 4 month old since he was up more than he was as a NEWBORN. Dr did some blood work. All he found was elevated White Blood Cells which he said meant some sort of virus. So during that week I bought the book Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child because BabyWise had failed me miserably. I read. I highlighted. I post it noted. I made changes, Slayde got over his virus and we implemented a schedule. Things are better. Not great, but better. I learned so very much from the book. I had no idea... First of all, Slayde is a Post Colic Baby. Therefore, according to this book, starting at about 4 months he needed to be sleep trained, and it's going to be a long slow process. Damn. But it's getting better. I am now up one to two times a night, with a night being 7:00 pm to 8:00 am as opposed to 7 times a night. Baby Steps.

Other than that Slayde is a precious, sweet, wonderful little thing that I just love and kiss on all day long. He is so SWEET. Hayzen was far more independent. Slayde just wants to be loved. His flaw, other than the sleep thing, is that he won't take a bottle. I have bought every kind made. So this mommy never gets a break!! If you have ideas please share!

Hayzen is turning into a little human. With a strong personality. Some days are better than others :)
One thing that shocks me about him is how intelligent he is. His sense of direction, attention to detail, and word knowledge shocks me. I am so proud of how good he has been in school. He even naps on the nap mat!!

So October is coming and I am so excited. LOVE fall. Cute Halloween pics to come! I hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment