Thursday, July 19, 2012

Catch Up!

So let me preface this by saying that I probably stand alone in that I am not a huge fan of summer...
I know, I know... But I like the routine of the school year, knowing that Hayzen is spending time with other kids on a regular basis, and right now it's too hot to go do much of anything but swim. Unfortunately Slayde is a nightmare near water because he has NO fear so I have been avoiding pools like the plague. I try to get us out of the house and around other kiddos at least once a day. Either through a play date, or church, or little gym camp. Next week we have zoo camp and the week after that VBS and then we are off to Steamboat so at least I feel like I am in the home stretch!!

So Slayde turned one!!! And it's been SO. Much. Better ever since. At 13 months I weaned him and I swear our sleep problems disappeared overnight. He now is just like his brother... lay him down wide awake, he passes out in about ten minutes, and then sleeps 12 to 13 hours. Praise the Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He is however, extremely naughty and busy and into EVERYTHING. Way worse than Hayzen ever was. I take my eyes off him for two seconds and he's on top of the table or something. Sigh....

In June we went to Hawaii. It was a lot of work, but I think overall the kids did well. Hayzen was a rock star as usual. Travels great, sleeps great, adapts great... He's just a good travel buddy. Slayde, Mr. Sensitive, had some issues of course. Didn't sleep great or adapt to the time change easily, and was pretty bad on one of the flights. Here are some picss!



2 comments:

  1. You totally need to look into ISR( Infant Swimming Resource) for Slayde. It is an awesome swimming survival skils course. It will bring you so much peace of mind near the water. Worth every penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? My kids need to learn to swim BAD!!!

    ReplyDelete