Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Annoyed

I think I am going to have to start using my blog to vent because I personally do not believe facebook is the place for that, I hate doing it in person, and I figure I might as well write it out and let others judge away because it's MY blog so this is my place to say what I want. I figure if others disagree they can go write about it on their own blog :)

So with that being said, I am now going to vent about the scandal of the decade, otherwise known as The Great Chick Fil A Debate.

Never in my life would I think that a place I eat two to three times A WEEK could garner such drama. Never. I obviously love chick fil a, my kids love chick fil a, and it's the ONLY meat Hayzen will consume. I oblige because it's clean, the workers are polite and always tell me to have a blessed day, which I appreciate, and for some reason I don't feel as guilty eating there as I do at other fast food chains. Maybe because it's so clean and shiny and yummy. I don't know.

I appreciate that it is closed on Sunday. I like that they give Christian toys and promote family values. I get that. I am happy to support Christian establishments because I too am a Christian. I'm not as good of one as I should be but I'm working on that. I go to church on Sunday, bible study on Wednesday and send my kids to Christian preschool. But to me none of that makes me a GOOD Christian. A good Christian is so much more and so hard to define, and a lot of it is between a person and God. The fact that they spoke out about their Christian values does not anger me at all. That is their right. This is America. This is a free country and we are so lucky to live here. I do not think Dan Cathy intended to start a war honestly.

The place where I start getting a little hackled is when I found out that they give a large sum of money to anti gay groups. That bugs me a bit. Not enough to boycott them or anything, but a bit.

But where I get really pissy is all the judging. I get that marriage is between man and woman and I get that we are not to conform to the ways of the world. I don't need those verses quoted to me. I understand. I also understand that there are many, many sins that we are not to commit, yet we do so on a daily basis. I am not perfect. Jesus died on the cross so I could be forgiven. I sin daily. But to me a sin is a sin is a sin. WE ALL SIN. So why on Earth people feel the need to judge gay people in the name of Christianity is beyond me.

And some of the people I know and LOVE that were out at chick fil a today showing their support for "the traditional family" committed many sins. Many. Drinking.  Drugs.  Premarital Sex.  Divorce. You get the picture. I guess I don't get where their sin is any less than the sin of being gay, and a desire to be gay AND want to get married.

I feel like everyone has gotten so ANGRY and so hypocritical. Jesus loved everyone. Period. The end. and I feel like all this anger and judging just pushes people further and further from the church. The next time I hear that gay marriage destroys the sanctity of marriage I'm going to scream. Half the people I know are divorced. The sanctity of marriage is shaky at best. To say that I am angry is perhaps incorrect. I am sad at what is becoming of our world. We should be spreading love, not hate. We should welcome everyone with open arms. The dialogue of sharing our Christian faith and beliefs and the word of God cannot be open if a person feels judged.

So. I vented. I feel better. I could care less if no one reads this because I got my thoughts out and I'm happy. And don't get me wrong, I will continue eating way too many calories in sweet tea and waffle fries. Just not today.

1 comment:

  1. Very, very well said, Michelle! I'm so grateful there are other Christians out there like you! XO

    ReplyDelete