Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wedding Cake Cookies

After the first day of school Slayde needed a little nap. So Hayzen and I decided to make some homemade sugar cookies. I took my wedding ring off to make the cookies... Put them in the oven, went to the restroom, washed my hands and realized I had forgotten to put my ring back on... The following convo ensued:
Me: Hayzen have you seen mommy's ring?
Hayzen: Yes
Me: Where is it?
Hayzen: Gone
Me: Gone where? This isn't funny Hayzen. That's my special ring from Daddy
Hayzen: Maybe it's on the floor. (proceeds to look on the floor for the ring)
Me: (beginning to panic) We have to find it
Hayzen: Maybe a little tiny mouse took it.
Me: WHERE IS IT
Hayzen: Look in the cookies. It's a surprise for you.
Me: (in horror...) You put it in a cookie?!

Open oven... see ring smack dab in a cookie... grab ring... burn fingers... pray ring is ok...

SIGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment