Wednesday, September 5, 2012

ME!

Well the time has come for my wee ones to venture back to "school." (AKA mothers day out and a local church we have been attending) Hayzen went to this same school last year and we were quite happy with it. Therefore, now that Slayde is 1, he gets to go too. I struggled with sending Slayde. It's expensive, he's only 16 months, and he is a creature of habit. Not too big on Disruption of His Routine. After much thought I decided Slayde needs the social interaction and I need a BREAK. This summer has worn me down. Two kids... home all day... too hot to go anywhere or do anything... fighting over toys... You get the drift. Let's just say there were days I was fairly certain my mind was gone, I needed a job, and considered 2pm happy hours. But I digress.

Now that they are gone, Tuesday and Thursdays from 9-2:30 I have a tad bit of freedom. And I feel like I should do something useful with it. Besides clean, do laundry, and watch quality things like The View and Teen Mom.

The problem is, I don't know WHAT to do. When I saw all the facebook posts last Monday from all my teacher friends going back to work I was sad for the very first time in my Stay At Home Mom career. I missed it. I miss work friends, adult interaction, my own paycheck, and using my brain. I'm not certain, however, that it is teaching I miss. The politics, testing standards, and long hours for no pay were not pleasant to say the least. So I have come to a crossroads. Go back to work? Stay home?? Part time? Teach? New career?? Decisions, decisions. I have toyed with becoming a personal trainer, or nutritionist. I have always been very interested in health and fitness and running, but I'm afraid I might lack the patience to work with certain types of people. ( I can MAYBE see myself saying "IF YOU WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT QUIT GOING TO WHATABURGER ) Which leads me to my current project that I'm actually enjoying.

After a year of drinking Shakeology I paid the 30$ and joined beach body as a "coach." Am I really a coach? No. But my neighbor and I thought it would be fun to do together and I wanted the discount on my shakes :) My sole intention was to get the discount. Nothing more. But then people started asking me where I got it. And could they get some? And I started getting informational emails about health and fitness. And it's interesting to me! And I've made a TINY bit of money. Will I ever be one of those people making 400,000 selling Beach Body products? I'm thinking not so much. But am I enjoying doing the Insanity workouts, losing weight, and connecting with other people doing the same? Yes. So for now that's my little project. In the meantime, I need to decide what to do with ME in the next year! For the first time in awhile I feel lost. I love being home with my kids, but there are days I think I am losing it. Maybe it's just me??

No comments:

Post a Comment