Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Light

Well, I think I am finally beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel...

Slayde's tummy issues are slooowly subsiding. Less fussing. Less gas.  Less crying from mommy and baby... I wouldn't say he is an easy baby, but he smiles now and coos! He loves to snuggle with mommy and sometimes daddy.  I love to kiss his little head, and nap with him on my chest.  I love that he loves me best, and I love that he acts like he is dying if more than two hours pass without him nursing.  He is starting to sleep more at night.  He usually does a five hour stretch and sometimes even six! A personality is emerging. A very sweet, needy one :)

At 8 weeks...
You weigh 11.6 pounds. A lot more than your brother at this age but still in the 25%
You are also long.  75%
You nurse every two to three hours during the day.  Mostly 2 and at 11pm and 5 am. Then you will go back to sleep forever as long as I lay with you!
Exclusively breast fed.  Every once in awhile if we are out you get a tiny bit of formula but it's rare.
You no longer sleep in a car seat or swing but in a rock n play sleeper bassinette thing
Nap irregularly and in odd places.  Something to work on!
Have already trekked to San Antonio and will be in Mississippi this weekend, then in Steamboat for the month of August.
Are still not well liked by brother... Lol.
Can hold your head up very well.

We need to work on:
sleeping through the night and in a non inclined bassinette, then in your own room
Napping on a schedule in an actual bed
Tummy Time
Being less needy for mommy!

I love you baby boy! You are the sweetest little thing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment